Riaan Prinsloo Counselling Psychologist
I am a counselling psychologist based in Boskruin. I offer counselling to:
- individuals that would like to improve their quality of life
- individuals that would like to deal with more pressing matters which may have a negative impact on the individual or his/her family’s welfare
- couples that would like to improve their relationship
- couples that feel they have a decision to make
- children having difficulty with adjustment and conduct
- parents facing difficulties in understanding the needs of their children
- athletes that would like to improve their performance
To achieve the goal of mental well-being and living a life of contentment, I work mostly using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. This is an outcome-based strategy that can be tailored to the needs of any individual to alleviate symptoms of depression, anxiety, trauma and other mental difficulties.
Having to decide whether one should see a psychologist can be a difficult decision. Even more difficult is the courage needed to face our emotional struggles. For this reason, if there are any concerns or questions you may have, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will answer any questions you may have to help you understand the therapy process.
Why Counselling Psychology
Life gets to everybody. And when you don’t know what to do anymore, you often need someone to walk alongside you and help you take a step in the right direction. That is what psychotherapy is all about. It is about helping you to get your life back on track again.
A psychologist can help you…
- To find the inner strength and perspective you need to move from being immobilized to actively managing your life;
- To understand and deal with the inner realities that upset your life – realities like, stress, anxiety, fear and anger;
- To find new and effective ways to deal with pain, trauma and loss;
- To work with and overcome clinical syndromes (such as depression, bipolar disorder, etc.) that impact your life extensively;
- To find healing for the emotional scars left by past wounds; and
- To help you discover a healthy lifestyle where your physical, emotional, rational and spiritual selves are aligned.
Psychotherapy is, however, about more than that. It is also about helping you…
- To make important life decisions;
- To make progress on your journey of personal development,
- To discover and unleash your potential;
- To access a fulfilling life, and/or
- To build fulfilling personal relationships.